StoryVault General Terms & Conditions (Acceptable Use Policy)
We may attempt to notify you when any major change occurs to these Terms & Conditions. However, you should periodically review this page for modification or revisions, and you should agree to be bound by such Terms & Conditions.
The term "StoryVault" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 35 Station Approach, West Byfleet, Surrey KT14 6NF. Our company registration number is 6692913 in the Register of Companies for England and Wales. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website. These Terms & Conditions refer to all users of the StoryVault website, not only visiting users, but also users who are contributors of content, information and other materials or services to the website.
The StoryVault Website may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by StoryVault. StoryVault has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, StoryVault will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Website, you expressly relieve StoryVault from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
GENERAL USE OF THE STORYVAULT WEBSITE/USER CONDUCT
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All content on the Site and available through the Service, including designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the "Site Content"), are the proprietary property of the Company, its users or its licensers with all rights reserved. Reproduction is strictly prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- You agree not to use any part of the Website for any commercial use, without the prior written authorization of StoryVault. Prohibited commercial uses include any of the following actions taken without StoryVault's express approval:
- sale of access to the Website or its related services on another website
- use of the Website or its related services for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue
- the sale of advertising, on the StoryVault website or any third-party website, targeted to the content of specific User Submissions or StoryVault content
- and any use of the Website or its related services that uses StoryVault's resources or User Submissions with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for StoryVault, its content, or its User Submissions
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time StoryVault may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- StoryVault reserves the right to decide whether Content or a User Submission is appropriate and complies with the Terms & Conditions for violations other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscene or defamatory material, or excessive length. StoryVault may remove such User Submissions and/or terminate a User's access for uploading such material in violation of these Terms & Conditions at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion. StoryVault will comply with police and enforcement authorities when requested to provide information about abuse.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
- You understand that the service "MyStoryVault/Family Tree" and StoryVault are available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the Service will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libellous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
- It is not permitted to upload onto StoryVault videos or other content which include advertisements without authorisation from StoryVault. Such content will be removed without notice.
- StoryVault reserves the right to delete any uploaded content which it deems, without notification and at our sole discretion, to be unsuitable for the StoryVault site.
You may not:
- Register for more than one User account, register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity
- Solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes
- Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available on the Site any content which is (without limitation) pornographic, abusive, defamatory, likely to incite violence or hatred or designed to solicit personal information from users under the age of 18
- Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers
- Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- Intimidate or harass other users
In order to access some features of the Website (specifically MyStoryVault or Family Tree), you will have to create a StoryVault account.
- You may never use another's account without permission.
- You must not select or use a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person.
- You must not use the rights of another person without authorisation or use a name that we, in our sole discretion, deem offensive.
- When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information.
- You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure.
- You must notify StoryVault immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- When choosing a user image, Users must not use the image of another person; use an image which is protected by copyright, by a brand label, or by any other trademark or property right; use any user images which are vulgar or offensive as these may upset or offend other members.
- You are responsible for all content which is published under your user name. For this reason you select a password for your user name and take all of the necessary measures to ensure it is concealed.
- You are responsible for the unauthorized use of your user name by third parties. Although StoryVault will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of StoryVault or others due to such unauthorized use.
Anyone who is aged 8 years of age or over can be a registered StoryVault User (see Eligibility and Safety Policy)
As a registered StoryVault user you are solely responsible for the photos, profiles (including your name, image, and likeness), messages, notes, text, information, video and other content that you upload, publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on or through StoryVault or transmit to or share with other users (collectively the "User Content"). You may not post, transmit, or share User Content on the Site or Service that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post.
We reserve the right to remove or delete without notice any User Provided Content or User Profile that comes to StoryVault's attention including User Content that in the sole judgment of StoryVault violates this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users or others. We may terminate your use of the Service in these circumstances.
You are solely responsible at your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any User Content you post or store on the Site or provide to the Company. When you post User Content to the Site, you authorise and direct us to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the User Content on the Site. By posting User Content to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide licence (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorise sublicenses of the foregoing. You may remove your User Content from the Site at any time.
When you post User Content to the Site you are solely responsible for allowing it to be made Public or for it to remain private.
You are solely responsible for obtaining written consent from the person you are interviewing in the event of a dispute or legal action. An example can be found here.
If you choose to remove your User Content, the licence granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that the Company may retain archived copies of your User Content. StoryVault does not assert any ownership over your User Content; rather, as between us and you, subject to the rights granted to us in these Terms, you retain full ownership of all of your User Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your User Content.
We advise users of StoryVault to retain original copies of the memories they upload. While it is the intention of StoryVault to safely store your content for future generations, we cannot guarantee to do so, and we accept no responsibility in the event that uploaded content is lost or damaged.
Your activities on blogs, messages and comment parts and any other part of the website are governed by all Terms and Conditions above.
The content on StoryVault, except all User Submissions, including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like ("Content") and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein are owned by or licensed to StoryVault, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights. Content on the Website is provided to you for your information and personal use only and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners.
You may access User Submissions solely for your information and personal use and as intended through the normal functionality of the service that StoryVault provides and for Streaming.
"Streaming" means a contemporaneous digital transmission of an audiovisual work via the Internet from StoryVault to a user's device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be copied, stored, permanently downloaded, or redistributed by the user. Accessing User Videos for any purpose or in any manner other than Streaming is expressly prohibited. User Videos are made available "as is."
User Comments are made available to you for your information and personal use solely as intended through the normal functionality of StoryVault. User Comments are made available "as is", and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, downloaded, or otherwise exploited in any manner not intended by the normal functionality of StoryVault or otherwise as prohibited under this Agreement.
By using the StoryVault Website you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources of which StoryVault is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against StoryVault with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold StoryVault, its Owners/Operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the site.